Sweetlix® Bloat Guard® Block is a mineral block designed to aid in the control of legume (alfalfa, clover) bloat in cattle.
- To be fed at the rate of 0.8 oz. of block per 100 lb of body weight per day. (Example: 8 oz. (0.5 lb.) of the block for a 1000 lb animal daily.)
- For adequate protection, it is essential that each animal consume the total recommended dosage of SWEETLIX® Bloat Guard® Block daily.
- Omit all salt from the feed. Do not feed free choice sources of salt or mineral containing salt in any form. These blocks are an adequate source of salt.
- Begin feeding blocks continuously. Feed blocks and full feed dry non-legume hay at least 48 hours prior to legume (alfalfa, clover) consumption. Repeat when block consumption is interrupted to maintain control.
- Provide at least one block for each five head of cattle; add one additional block when each block has been half-consumed.
- The location of the block is extremely important for adequate consumption. Place blocks where cattle congregate (watering, grazing and loafing areas) in order to limit the distance an animal must travel to have ready access to a block.
Crude Protein (min)
4.0% Potassium (min) 1.8% Crude Fat (min) 0.5% Iodine (min) 43 ppm Crude Fiber (max) 12.5% Selenium(min) 13 ppm Salt (min) 19.5% Vitamin A(min) None added. Salt (max) 23.0% Active Drug Ingredient: Poloxalene* 6.6% (Each lb. contains 29.94 g)
Sweetlix® Bloat Guard® Block